The Brewster Historical Society, established in 1964, collects and preserves the artifacts and history of Brewster to ensure their future accessibility. Its Cobb House Museum, an historic sea captain’s home, houses four permanent galleries, a special exhibition gallery and an extensive documents research area accessible by appointment. The Society also maintains at Windmill Village on the grounds of Drummer Boy Park the 1795 Higgins Farm Windmill, 1867 Blacksmith Shop and the 1795 Harris-Black House, an original “small house.” Soon, the museum will be moving to the Elijah Cobb House on Lower Road. The society recently purchased this and is currently renovating it.
Open Museum hours are postponed, pending Covid-19 ongoing conditions. Please check back to see changes in hours.