- This event has passed.
Advanced Lightroom – Develop Module: Learn My Processing Secrets! w/ Betty Wiley
January 14 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In this class, I’ll take students beyond the basic editing techniques in Lightroom. Lightroom can do much more than simply adjust exposure, fix blown highlights, open up shadows, change white balance and add contrast! This class will cover techniques to add advanced and creative effects to images without ever having to use Photoshop or other editing software.
The following topics will be covered (time permitting)
- Creating dramatic lighting affects for portraits
- Adding beams of light
- Using the tools in Lightroom to add creative, dramatic looks
- Painting with color
- Use of gradients and the radial filter to add color and other effects
- Replacing color
- Minimizing backgrounds
- Creative effects with white balance
- Using the range masking feature
- Creating a pseudo-HDR effect
- Adding color to bland, boring skies
- Using the clone tool and healing tool for best results
- Adding text and mat effects in the print module for a fine-art look
Class Prerequisites: This is an advanced Lightroom class and therefore students must have a working knowledge of using Lightroom, including how to import images and navigate the program. This class will be taught using Lightroom Classic and students must have a recent version of this software installed and working properly on their computers as there will not be time during class to do any trouble-shooting as there is a lot of material to cover.
Cost: Members $65 | Non – Members $75