Sandwich, MA 02537
The Wing Family of America, headquartered in Sandwich, MA, is open to all descendants of Rev. John Wing, whose wife Deborah and sons sailed from England and came to Sandwich from Saugus in 1637. Starting 2018, we’re extending a warm welcome to everyone who would like to become a Friend of the Wings through an associate membership. Our fees are small, but our arms are wide apart.
In May 2018 the Wing Family of America opened its new Memorial History Center to the general public. For the first several months, the History Center will be open by appointment, by calling 401-300-1767. Purchased and remodeled over the last three several years, the WMHC offers expansive exhibit space for special collections. First up in the spotlight is the Simon Wing Photographic, Political and Domestic Life Collections, as well as many other Wings’ exhibits. The History Center features comfortable research and library space, along with functional spaces for administrative and curatorial work, and public programs. The building is fully accessible by ramp and has ADA restroom facilities.
With its rotating and “relatively modern” displays (Victorian era on into the present), the Wing Memorial History Center provides superb juxtaposition to the 1641 Wing Fort House on the National Register of Historic Sites, which has been restored according to its 17th Century through 1900 Wing occupants’ lifestyles.
Activities have included a Neighborhood Open House; Photographic Historical Society of New England field trip destination; and Massachusetts Wings’ reunion.
We have been here from the start. Come see our Wing history — it is YOUR history too.