Wellfleet Bay provides peace and unmatched beauty on the hillsides and shoreline overlooking Wellfleet Harbor. Extensive trails bring you to a panoramic salt marsh, sandy barrier beach, and pine woodlands, each attracting a wide array of wildlife. The sanctuary features a universally accessible trailand an award-winning “green” nature center with numerous exhibits and aquariums.
Acres - 937
- Fiddler crabs scurrying in the salt marsh and green herons fishing in Goose Pond.
- Summer camp programs in Wellfleet and Chatham designed to promote curiosity about the natural world.
- Year-round programs for all ages based on research and conservation projects focusing on threatened shorebirds, terrapins, horseshoe crabs, and sea turtles.
- Hands-on activities during wildlife cruises in Cape Cod Bay and Nauset Marsh.
- Cape Cod Field School with courses for adults that focus on the area's unique coastal environment and wildlife.
$3 Children (2-12)
$3 Seniors (65+)
Memorial Day-Columbus Day
Daily, 8:30 am-5 pm
Columbus Day-Memorial Day
Tues-Sun, 8:30 am-5 pm
Daily, 8 am-dusk