The museum is planning on opening on May 12th.
The Falmouth Museums on the Green, owned and operated by the Falmouth Historical Society, is a two-acre campus that has been serving the residents and visitors of Falmouth since 1900. The Historical Society itself is the oldest such institution on Cape Cod. One of the most popular sites in Falmouth for visitors, it contains the 1790 Dr. Francis Wicks House—a magnificent Federalist-period residence which demonstrates what life was like for an affluent doctor in the late 18th and early 19th centuries; the recently-restored 1730 Conant House—used for exhibits and Historical Society office space; the Hallett Barn Visitors’ Center—rebuilt in 2002 on the site of an original barn and used a welcoming point for those coming to Falmouth as well as the “Whaling Wives Gift Shop”; the Colonial Gardens—showing off plantings, such as a boxwood tree, that go back to the days prior to the American Revolution, and maintained by the Falmouth Garden Club; Memorial Park—a tranquil place of refuge that is open to all visitors looking for relaxation; and the recently-opened (2012) Cultural Center—a superb, 3600 square foot structure used for public and private programs and events, public restrooms, kitchen facilities, and as a repository for archival collections to preserve Falmouth’s past.
The Museums also have an extensive research library and allow visitors and members to use it for investigation and examination, genealogy, and inquiries about Falmouth and Cape Cod history.
Located at 55 and 65 Palmer Avenue, the Museums on the Green is Falmouth’s repository for its past. For a full listing of events and programs, or simply to learn more about the Museums, go to http://museumsonthegreen.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org