- This event has passed.
ONLINE-Pastel Painting with Betsy Payne Cook
September 8 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Four Tuesdays, beginning September 8 from 2-4:30pm
Class Fee: $110.00 Non-member/$100.00 Member
For more information, click here.
Your class confirmation email will contain the Zoom class link.
In this online class, students will learn various techniques with soft pastel (no oil pastels) such as types of linear mark making, ways to achieve the look of blending, fun special effects. They will also learn ways to identify the value of a color and how to use this in a painting. Betsy Payne Cook will instruct, prepare students for independent engagement following the class, and provide feedback on student work. This class is for beginners, refreshers, and intermediate students.
-Learn various techniques with soft pastel (no oil pastels) such as types of linear mark making, ways to achieve the look of blending and some fun special effects.
-Learn ways to identify the value of a color of and how to use this in a painting.
Planning for a virtual class required that I balance the active teaching and individual student paint time. I decided to increase my active piece and provide you an opportunity to begin the exercises in class then continue to explore the exercises on your own during the week. I will also be to provide feedback on individual paintings artists bring to class. This will be a fluid process as I adapt to the newness of teaching in a virtual classroom! I welcome suggestions so never hesitate to get in touch with me.
- Pastels- a selection of soft and hard pastels
- Pastel paper- Canson paper is very good for exercises
- Sanded papers such as Art Specturm, UArt, Pastelmat and Pastel Premier
- Board to attach your pastel paper
- Drawing tools ( pencils, vine charcoal ) and sketchbook
- Backing board to tape your pastel paper to.
- Easel. If you do not have an easel, prop your board on a slant to avoid pastel dust laying on your paper
- Practice setting up your laptop, ipad or phone to make sure you can see the screen and that we can see you!
- Notebook or page in your sketchbook to jot down ideas and questions to ask during class
- Optional: Email Betsy with any questions before or after class at firstname.lastname@example.org